i agree with Soapurb post martial arts doesnt comapre to the real thing im guessing ur from australia as am i Soapurb probobly in the northen qld area like townsville
the problem with martial arts is its not proper contact in tailand they had a large competion with martial arts vs thai boxing
in every bout the thai boxer took out the martial artist in the 1st or 2nd rounds cause the martial artists were not used to coping an elbo in the face and a knee in the gut experience is how u trully become a good fighter. u have to grow up withpain i consider my self as an ok fighter as i grew up in a rough sort of area constinly getting in fight with kids at school since grade 4-5
not just little rowlin on the ground fights but kids knee another kid in the face or smashing another kids on a table also i have had to deal with pain as my father used to be quite rough and was often geting pushed around picked up being smaked 1 point my father punched me in the side of the face while we were in the car.but al of this doesnt mater me any more as it has strengthed me.

[This message has been edited by Joker (edited 10-11-2004).]