Hey Michael

Thanks for the in depth response

To answer one of your questions; we train Hebei Xingyi - via the Hong Yi Shiang lineage. I have to admit that I am not all that familliar with the Xingyi stuff myself. I am primarily a Bagua dude (YiZong - Gao style). I do however find the Wuxing fists extremely useful to train as they are everywhere within the 'post-heaven' lines within our system. That and they are quite direct and useful within the fighing context too.

[QUOTE] I assume you mean Kwan Saihung? [/QUOTE]

Yep.

Do you know if Wang Liping is still alive and if so where he is living these days? I thought that he was out in CA somewhere.

As for Heng Quan being a combination of the other 4 elements - 'crossing' = earth where the other 4 elements reside. Like I said my Xingyi knowledge and how the elements actually relate to the forms is pretty minimal.
There are 2 linkages of the elements that I know at this point - am not sure if they are the creation and destruction cycles at this point. I suppose I should ask my teacher. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] I don't blame you for not reading through the web site's stuff - belive me - I know what its like to have a full plate. Mine has been full since I started. Everytime that I start to see the edge of the plae my teachers just pile on some more 'food'.

Yummy