Internal training, Aiki and Empowering Aikido
December 2013 Hawaii Workshops With Dan Harden
Dan Harden will be returning to Hawaii this December, in a continuation of workshops taking place here since 2010.
Dan Harden is an internationally known instructor of the Internal Martial Arts, with over 40 years of experience in modern and classical Japanese Budo. This seminar will explore exercises for the cultivation and development of internal power, the terminology and methodology of Aikido Founder Morihei Ueshiba and the practical expression of these principles in Aikido techniques and movement.
The work shop will introduce and expand upon such topics as:
- A presentation of how the martial arts take advantage of natural and common postural failures and methods for building a bujutsu body that serves as the foundation for defeating the common body frame.
- How the trained body can begin to take care of itself automatically while delivering non-dedicated force to create openings in a live environment.
- An emphasis on specific training tools (solo and paired) to develop internal power, and specifically how it relates to aiki connections in a martial context.
- Creating and maintaining a structure supported on all sides and how to strengthen it with breath training exercises.
- The material covered; will not be "specific" to just the aiki arts, like Aikido and Daito-ryu, but other arts as well, so practitioners from all disciplines are welcome.
Participation will be limited to 20-22 people in order to give sufficient time for individual, hands-on attention.
Preference will be given to those who have attended previous workshops, but there will also be spaces available for first time students.
For more information and registration materials please see www.aikidosangenkai.org/news.html