Ah, Hello Ronin,

A well thought response,as always. Thank You.
I always enjoy talking to TMA, especially Karateka. I believe that perhaps Karateka take more pride and passion in there art than all others. That's mostly a good thing, as long as it doesnt blind. While your personal experience may work resistance in its kata, this isnt prevalent in TMA, as a whole.
To be quiet frank, TMA isnt known for its contact, where other arts, such as Muay Thai are well known for thre contact. It is this contact and "ALIVE" training that defins the practic of MMA.

As for how you train resistance in our kata, I ask you these things.
How do you work in the resistance? Sparring? Drilling? Kumite?
When you work the resistance, are you confined to using that particualar technique or movement?
What are your opponents options or limits?

To the next point, patterns. Im not saying that there shouldn't be repitition in technique to achieve proficiency. What Im saying is that certain movements grouped together in a pattern isnt a good thing. The "white fighter", as you mentioned, is going to note these and exploit them. Take note of a western boxer, for instance. He has a very limited arsenal, yet he can be quiet deceptive and effective. With very few patterns. You gave a list of your curriculum and I must say it dwarfes mine.

I have six punches, five kicks, thats counting knees and elbows. About six submission holds for grappling.I Train gun and knife, and nunchuckas for fun.Oh and one stance. Theres already too much to worry about.
A master of the basics, is stll a master and I believe that the best tchniques for defense could be placed within one simple kata, if you choose to practice in that fashion.

Humbly,
CZ