Hello everybody..
I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I am a silat practitioner..
Used to learned Seni Silat Gayong and now i'm learning Seni Silat LianPadukan. Seni Silat LianPadukan is different from other silat melayu. It is a form of martial arts that is in the 'Buah Pukul' categories in Malaysia.In Silat 'Buah Pukul' LianPadukan, practitioner do not have to roll around, no karate or taekwando style of high kicks & no locking technique or grappling..It's a form of hitting your enemy flat to the ground. Every moves is a direct hit to the enemys face or body..
Originally was brought to Tanah Melayu (Malaysia was called Tanah Melayu) by a chinese muslim trader named Sheikh Abdul Rahman AlYunani in 1897. Stories says that Sheikh Abdul Rahman defeated 8 chinese port workers that tried to mug him easily. The incident was made known to Sultan Ibrahim (Sultan of the state of Johor) and the sultan ordered his personal bodyguard, Dato' Awang Daik (a silat sunting master) to test Sheikh Adbul Rahman. Dato' Awang Daik brought along the Chief Police of Muar district, Pak Long Muhd Yassin (a silat sendeng master). After long talks, both of the silat masters managed to persuade Sheikh Abdul Rahman to show his skills and both the silat masters was defeated by Sheikh Abdul Rahman. Then, both the silat masters brought Sheikh Adbul Rahman to Johor to teach them and others the skill of his fighting technique..Since then, the fighting skills taught by Sheikh Abdul Rahman is known as silat 'Buah Pukul' or silat Lian..
Now, silat 'Buah Pukul' or silat Lian has develope into few different styles..The most well received is Seni Silat LianPadukan..It's movement is fast and has always been compared to the chinese style of kung fu - Wing Chun.
Among it's philosophy is - wanna hit but dont wanna get hit.

Here is a video of Seni Silat LianPadukan sparring demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT5G0qR4Tko

Edited by Buah Pukul (05/29/11 01:13 PM)