Thanks, Mark.
He's the best teacher of kata in our school. In fact, all of his classes are on katas, and the other instructors, and most black belts attend his classes regularly.
After I became comfortable with my first kata, and did it to his satisfaction, he asked me, since I will be tested in a few weeks, (white to orange belt) if I had learned the second kata yet.
I said no, and was told to bow out and sit.
My gut told me that I had better know something about the second kata before I came to his next class. I had a feeling that he wouldn't let me bow out the next time around, so I got with a friend from class, and he worked through it with me on a few occasions over the next two weeks until I was familar with it.
Sure enough, I was made to do that kata at his next class, and did pretty well. I have 6 months to perfect it before my next test, (orange to blue belt), but his prodding made me get off of my ass and learn it.
P.S.: In case you were curious, our school doesn't have a yellow belt rank for adults. They make you stay at white belt longer than most other schools, (usually six months minimum), Then they test us for orange belt.

Edited by choonbee (04/18/11 05:20 PM)