Quote:
And in a real altercation I would NEVER consider kicking somebody in the head and probably wouldn't even hit to the body as probably a little fearful of it being caught if they are aware. Instead I'm going to kick to their legs; their knee specifically.

In a real altercation, I would say I agree, the head is not something I would probably ever consider (never say never IMO) but I am with you there. Body though, I probably would be a little more open, a good front thrust kick or front leg side kick is not something people know how to deal with very well and could, in certain circumstances be very useful. Agree on keeping the kicks low, if you use them at all.

As for head kicks, if like most of us the only fighting we will hopefully every do is in a sporting environment, then they are great weapon to have. If you use them sparingly, they can become a much higher percentage strike. Especially if you set them up correctly. Of course if take downs are an option you need to be that much more careful.

Not disagreeing with you, head kicks are for sport only.