Hi,

yeah...dead topic...train open mouth breathing during sparring leads to BAADD habit sparring or street (how you practice is how you perform) open mouth allow MD to insert wires:)

As to being out of breath breathing via nares due to allowing breath to get away from you....too true.

So how????Train to spar/fight RELAXED, this is a MENTAL issue most new to being attacked or (More intimidating, and GOOD training) sparring a higher rank who highly outclasses one (This is where IMHO BOXING and Grappling are great).

Get on ones proverbial bike (or Jab like a machine ) and learns to relax under stress.

This can be extrapolated...my fear of heights, 30M platform in college, and skydiving both are terrifying to me, yet I did them, platform no relaxed training all gone immense pain, pass advanced freefall training, no jumpmasters to help and you go to reserve shoot, costly and probably still broken bones (if not dying of hemorrhage).

Find what terrifies and learn to relax breathing thru nose....Spar and POUND bag work MOUTH closed...

Whats the worst??you die scared frozen and tense...:)

RELAX...by training to relax

Karl. Pranayama mama jama whama, see ya bawana.

Edited by karl314285 (08/25/09 09:32 PM)