Hi,

underdog...thats what I was hoping you'd tell me

I was not given any name by GPD, we just got hit and hit back till we got it (great way to learn ,huh)

This may help, I attended many sesshin at Mountain and Rivers Order Zen Monastery, and 10 Hrs a day for 7 day and no speaking or even eye contact, One gets to about to fall asleep sitting...the Diado Roshi and the few long term residents he had run the extended sitting were also sitting, but some way they 'knew' when to get up with the kyosaku (stick which one was hit on the same two points GPD had taught, but the resident monk knew just how hard to hit and ...da___n I was awake).

The third time this point came up was as mentioned, Master Huang was correcting how we walked the Ba Gua circle emphasizing a point on the plantar surface of the foot (I believe the Japanese call the point koson ( one of several used for resuscitation)), and how by correctly walking this was a 'well' to gather and move chi in a circuit, then discussed waht he called "bubbling well" (Remember he was born and raised in Guangdong, so terms may be different) and how massage was beneficial and pointed out that striking the point was detrimental.

I browsed my nice 1st ed of Shanghai college of medicines'
"Acupuncture, a Comprehensive Text" and kept seeing in the charts...a collection of points in what I assume to be the area to strike, TB15,B36 and SI11,12 and 13.....and as it covered a fair surface GB21 may have been involved...

does the Zen awakening point help, and while broad the collection of points all seemed to be potentially 'it' or striking the confluence of all those might be 'it'

happy to know others practice everyday objects, I'll mention a way to use the magazine spine to do a not so common knife tap that allows one to keep distance but will "disturb vision" (not a PP, just cool)

-Karl. Peace.