You said: "...less open to the possibility of some one else reality being their own."

However "reality" in its usual meaning is an absolute concept, not a subjective thing dependent on any person's feeling or belief.

Chi/Ki has never been shown to exist despite extensive research and testing. The many TCM clinics do not make chi any more real. Acupuncture has been shown to be effective because it releases endorphins, nothing to do with mystical energy channels. I have had it and it works fine. For other things it has been found no more effective than a placebo.

You believing that it exists or that you have experienced it still does not make it real. The body can do amazing things without having to resort to supernatural explanations.

"We could both go get Google videos to support our view..."

If you can actually show me videos that demonstrate the existence of chi under scientifically controlled conditions where the tests are carried out by impartial academics, I would be very interested to see them.

Since I make no claims that kata can heal illness, as you say you believe, I am under no obligation to prove a negative. However if you assert it-which you are perfectly entitled to do obviously-then the onus falls on you to back it up surely?

These guys will pay you a lot of money if you can prove to them that Chi exists:
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=44732

As they say there, if chi is energy, then it must be measurable, as we can easily measure light, heat, radiation and other kinds of energy, so why not chi if it exists?

Finally and off-topic, your son & senior are roughly quoting Mark Twain FWIW: "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. "

B.