Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

As I stated every bodies testimony is different, in deed there are 80-90-100 year old smokers but on average this not the case a person that lives a fit life usually lives longer. Bottom line if you were a gambling man which would you wager on.

I think you missed my point. What I was trying to say is that while personal acounts and individual occurances may be useful to demonstrate a point, they hold very little weight as evidence.

Quote:

But then again there are numerous cases where medical Doctors either couldn't or would not take time to cure a patince and Accupunture or herbal medicine helped cure them. This is a healing method that been done for centuries.

That it has been done for centuries does not mean that it is right or good. Perhaps it is because for hundreds of years people simply had nothing better?
I think that the treatments you mentioned can help people and for some conditions may be a better option than drugs. But I feel their use is limited especially in more serious conditions/illnesses.

Quote:

Like you if I have muscular, bone or obvious internal injuries I go to a Western Doctor. But they don't know everything and I've personally experienced cases if you have Insurance they try to pad there books and keep you as long as they can as a paying customer. Again I then have to finsih things myself.

Firstly, that doctors don't know everything doesn't mean that 'alternative' practices do. (Not that I think you were saying so).
I'm from the UK so have NHS so don't have the problem you mentioned. I'd hope that this isn't the case for the majority of American patients? Perhaps some other USAians could give their view?

Neko, is it fair to say you have a negative view of doctors/western medicine?

Quote:

As in any discussion we will hardly ever totally agree on all topics but it is good to debate these issues and lay our cards out on the table.

Cool, cool. Am enjoying the debate!

Quote:

I think our mission in such discussion shouldn't be to convince one another just to bring forth our finding and understanding based on our own reality.

Our own reality? Don't really understand what you mean there!

I'm just trying to look at the facts. The thread was 'can kata have health/recovery benifits'. IMO Most certainly yes, but I don't think there is anything mysterious about those benifits, ala ki/chi, or that can't be described through modern thinking/science/western medicine.