i just noticed this and thought i would reply.

"And the problem with "pretending" to train is that you're not really training. Why do I say, "pretending"?"

john, i don't pretend to train, now shut up with that condicending crap. we practice thrusting kicks on pads, and in sparring. in sparing we have to target the body or head with these kick, how much of a stretch is it simply pick another target for the kick? this way the student learns to fire the kick full force into a pad, that can move around, and they can spar with it against someone who is trying to hit them back.

"Boxers don't hit heavy bags to learn to fight. They hit bags to develop attributes like stamina, power, etc. They learn to apply those skills through alive training against resisting partners/opponents. That's key."

and karate ka don't learn solo kata to fight, they learn them to develop attributes like stamina, power, etc. They learn to apply those skills through alive training against resisting partners/opponents. That's key. oh snap, son.

"I'm not personally that concerned about the dreaded knee stomp. Any good fighter isn't going to stand there posing like a statue and allow someone to have full access to the knee. It's a low percentage technique as far as I'm concerned, unless I'm coming in, walking forward with me legs straightened out like stilts."

yeah, and as low percentage as it is, i think we can both understand how circumstance and set up/entry make or break any and all techniques. i use the knee stomp from a position similar to the major outter reap throw from judo.

"Some of the points that I've been trying to make over the course if this thread and, my entire time on this forum, has been on the matter of theory vs. practical reality; of impracticable technique vs. practicable technique. That's a very substantial point, imo."
yes it is, and thanks for being the pain in the arse voice of truth for as long as you have been. lol.