Quote:

Med -

Quote:

Do you feign stupidity or can you just not help it?

Well, historically speaking, Brian's argument is much less stupid than yours is. There is very little evidence to support the conclusion that karate was meant to be an all-inclusive system. The vast majority of pre-UFC karate practices bear this out. Your vaunted system included.

I don't see this as a flaw of karate - it is how it was designed. There is strong evidence to support the fact that many of the old masters cross-trained, so there is no need to look at the current cross-training model and see anything inferior. You don't see wrestlers complaining about boxing not having takedowns. Different systems with different objectives.

When referring to Brian's stupidity I am not referring to his arguments. He simply states what is obvious to most and that requires little thought. It is easy to take the safe route. In fact, that is a way to hide if one truly knows anything beyond the most basic and rudimentary levels of the subject being discussed. So if you believe that Brian's post contain more advanced knowledge and insight on the practice of karate than mine, so be it. Please, utilize the knowledge contained in his posts to the fullest and don't give mine a second thought.