Good stuff...

I simply have a problem with the fact that the "disbelievers" cannot recognize the connection between the meditative control of the autonomic nervous system to control blood pressure, etc. and the martial application of chi to do exactly the same thing. If they were simply cognizent enough to recognize that some people have "cold hands" and others have "warm hands" they could understand the connection between "extending ki" and "drawing in ki".

When I started martial arts, we spent endless hours doing breathing exercises, timing "ibuki" breath with punches, and "nogare" breath with blocks and parries. The "hard breath" and "soft breath" have purpose in martial application, as does meditation... wonder why they can't put the pieces together and understand that?

Like the "doubting Thomas" of the Bible, they have to put their fingers into the holes of the nails before they will believe anything... (sorry, best analogy I could think of)...

"Scientific" proof seems to have lots of different dimensions...