Last night's class was a review of this material:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...page=0&vc=1

Fun class. We did a lot of active drills after reviewing each of the techniques and doing some no-resistance reps. We worked the figure 4 shoulder lock with the opponent posting on the bottom guy's bicep. This forces the bottom guy to swing his upper body around, and over his head to free the arm. Otherwise, the bottom guy has a tendency to want to sit straight up, which is easy for the top guy to simply push him back down.

We then worked a drill combining the figure 4 attack with the sitting roll-over sweep, sometimes called the hip bump sweep. As you go for one technique (depending on the opponent's posture), the opponent resists, and you immediately go for the other. I was able to transistion pretty well from figure 4 to the sweep, even alternating sides when my partner posted his arm to stop the sweep on one side. I would just grab his other arm and bump the other direction, and over he went!

We then worked the guillotine in, and transitioned from figure 4 to sweep to guillotine, varying attacks depending on the partner's posture and momentum. Did pretty well with that, catching him in the guillotine a few times.

Worked position-only in free-rolling, no subs. Really trying to work on getting a feel for when to post and when to move with the opponent, as well as spins and rolls. Getting there slowly.