Last night's class was a review of this material:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...page=0&vc=1

This episode: IS THERE ANYTHING MORE TIRING THAN TAKEDOWNS?!

Answer: Not for me. We worked several one-minute rounds repping the escape, submission and takedown, with varying levels of resistance. I was almost completely blown out after doing the double-leg takedown reps. And defending them is just as tiring as doing them. Starting to feel comfortable with them, however. "Turning the corner" while "scooping" their legs in makes them work very well.

We also worked some active guard drills. I did OK from the top, not getting swept, and passing to half guard. Never quite made it all the way out, but did alright considering that the guy I was rolling with is much better than me.

Did worse from the bottom with him, as he passed my guard several times. Gotta remember to keep my knees up in butterfly guard!

Almost didn't free roll because I was tired, but went ahead and rolled 2 matches. Did pretty well with my defense. Stopped several takedown attempts by sprawling, using the whizzer, and over/underhooks. Got some nice reversals on the ground, and avoided getting submitted. Had the first guy in a crappy guillotine, but couldn't finish it. Second guy almost had me in a armbar, but I was able to pull my elbow out - by stacking on his head.

Unsettling: My right bicep injury is not getting any better. It hurts just to stretch my arm. May have to take some time off from class.

OR NOT!!!!!!!