Quote:

It is called the "leg grab rollover sweep". It is somewhat similar to the omoplata. It involves turning underneath the oppponent, and hooking under his armpit with your foot, and driving his head forward. Important to trap the opponent's far side arm so he can not post. Also important to roll the opponent forward over his head (ie; parallel to his spine, not perpendicular to it), and not sideways across his body, where he could post his leg out to stop the push.

Hi Matt,

That is my favorite sweep thus far - the one I actually hit the most. I find that most people defend a basic scissor sweep pretty easily, but not all my opponents see this one coming.

One thing that always bogs me down is the names of techniques. I would not have known what to call that sweep to save my life, but I would know it if I saw it, or could show it to someone if need be.

We have a "training manual" at my school, listing the techniques required for each rank. The hardest part for me is to remember what the technique is by written name alone. If I see it once I remember it, but tell me to do a "leg grab rollover sweep" and I will probably stare like a deer in headlights.

Peace,
Mike