Last night's class was review of this material:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...page=0&vc=1

Quote:

We also did some kind of sweep ending up in mount, don't remember the name. It was similar to the omoplata, with your leg coming up under the armpit of the opponent, and driving it foward and down to to roll the opponent over. I had a hard time with it, and didn't really get it down.

It is called the "leg grab rollover sweep". It is somewhat similar to the omoplata. It involves turning underneath the oppponent, and hooking under his armpit with your foot, and driving his head forward. Important to trap the opponent's far side arm so he can not post. Also important to roll the opponent forward over his head (ie; parallel to his spine, not perpendicular to it), and not sideways across his body, where he could post his leg out to stop the push.

Feeling a bit more comfortable with that sweep now - at least in drills. Haven't used it in free-rolling yet.

Did OK in free-rolling with one of the blue belts. I managed to get dominant position a few times, and even came pretty close to getting a guillotine on him. He was able to get out, and eventually tapped me out with a belly-down armbar, and later with a triangle.

Fun class. But my ribs are pretty sore today!