Last night's class was a review of the material from the first half of this post:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...page=0&vc=1

Didn't do as well as I would have liked in the active drills. I did do OK against one of the huge wrestlers in the class, passing his guard in one drill, and almost getting a nice sweep from bottom on him as the clock ran out on another. Usually never get anything on this guy.

Tried a headstand guard pass in free-rolling against one of the other white belts, and got caught in a guillotine for my trouble. Not sure if I didn't roll straight or he moved when I tried it, but I didn't end up where I should have, for certain.

Rolled a light match against one of the blue belts, and he gave me some good points about not letting the opponent settle into a position before transitioning to an escape when on bottom. One of the other blues gave me a good tip about positioning myself more sideways when attempting to break someone's guard, and well as how to use my feet to keep pressure on their legs when passing, also.

Tournament this Saturday!