Last night's class was a review of this material:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...page=0&vc=1

Weird! Reading my notes from that thread about the active drills and sparring was very similar last night.

I did get a nice elevator sweep during one of the mount/guard escape drills (in front of 3 visitors, too. So sweet LOL!). Did well using open guard when people tried to pass from my closed guard, although I did get passed myself once or twice.

I also almost had a nice single leg takedown on my instructor. But he was able to defend it the instant we hit the ground by drawing his legs up so his knees were blocking me from passing further. He had me mounted pretty much the entire match, and although I defended submissions well, I ended up gassing out before the end of the match.

Overall pleased with the class, although I woke up today with a swollen left wrist, clicking when I twist it. No idea how that happened. Hopefully that will heal up quickly.