Last night's class was a review of this material:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...page=0&vc=1

Felt pretty comfortable doing the drills in class. Not a huge fan of doing the kimura from that angle, but I can work it OK.

Felt pretty good doing the active drills (mount maintain/escape and side control maintain/escape). My elbow/knee escape is getting pretty reliable, even against some of the better guys in class. Much better about sinking my hips down when trying to maintain side-control, too.

Worked one round of free-rolling (won by head/arm triangle submission), and then two rounds of stand-up take-down defense only (me defending). Take-down defense is a horrible weakness of mine, so the practice was helpful.

First round I did pretty well not getting taken down too often. When I did get taken down, I was able to get dominant position most of the time. In fairness, the guy I was working with was shorter than me, and fairly new.

The second guy is bigger and more experienced. His takedowns were much harder to stop, and getting dominant position was much more difficult. Overall, I did OK, but need more work.

No class next week, as the instructor is on vacation.