Last night we worked an attack series from the mount. We started with the Americana (tree-up) shoulder lock. We were shown to go to S-mount if the guy defends by grabbing his arm and rolling to his side. Keeping weight on his body and pushing down on the arm that was originally trapped for the American a attempt, you feed your other arm through HIS other arm, and grab your own shouder. This sets up the armbar, and all we needed to do was swing our back leg around his head.

If he defends the Americana attempt by not letting you get his arm down to the floor at all, you simply push his arm the opposite way (across his chest), and drop your chest behind his elbow to pin the arm. Keeping weight on his arm, you feed your hand (ex: opponent's left arm is pinned, you feed your right arm) under his neck and grab the wrist of the pinned arm, pulling it under his neck as much as possible. Now you start to "ratchet" him over onto his side by pushing his elbow while pulling his wrist further underneath his neck. Go to S-mount (keeping weight on his wrist) and feed your free hand through the crook of his arm, and set up choke or armbar.

We then did some isolation sparring drills, with top guy in mount. Top guys tries to submit, while bottom guy has to sweep or pull guard. 2 minute rounds each, switching positions each round. First cycle was with a blue belt who threw me off my mount so easily, I felt like a rag doll.

I did better working from the bottom with him, avoiding submissions and reversing postion on him.

Next cycle was with another white belt. He was pretty scrappy, and reversed position on me twice. I did submit him twice, once with Americana, once with Ezeckiel (SP?) choke.

Did two rounds of regular free-rolling. Won the first match. I gassed pretty bad in the second round. I was doing well using safety position in the guy's guard, but got tired and let my arm hang out. He went for am armbar, and I really struggled to defend. I managed to get my leg across HIS neck (don't ask, LOL), and break his hold on my arm.

Got a small cut over my eye during the second round, so called it a night after that.