Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I suppose every cloud has a silver lining.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To quote the Greatful Dead "Every silver lining has a touch of grey"

Ahh... Good ol' Benning.. I had some good times there. I'm not sure what the AFPT scores needed to get into Airborne and Ranger school are anymore (I've been out for 5 years) but one word of advice.. since you have Airborne and RIP schools in your contract make sure you qualify with the proper scores. If you don't it may constitue a breach of contract. A guy in my basic training unit had Airborne and RIP schools in his contract and while he could run like the wind.. he couldn't do push ups very well. He didn't get a high enough score on the AFPT for Airborne and RIP so he was told he was in breach of contract.. he had station of choice as Ft. Lewis, WA and ended up going to Korea. Just be careful when dealing with the recruiters/drill sergeants.

That is only a very few of the people in the Army though. For the most part (in my experience) soilders are very nice people and should be commended on the sacrifices they and their families make.

Another thing, besides the obvious Delta Force, Green Berets, Rangers, etc.. one thing that you may want to consider is Infantry Scouts. When I was in the army I was in an infantry scout unit. Basically.. they sneak around and stick their noses where it doesn't belong (that's how the Platoon Sgt explained it to me when he convinced me to transfer to that unit.)

Anywho, Infantry in the Army is the ONLY way to go IMO

Good luck!

Edited by aeclark82 (09/19/07 09:36 AM)