CXT,

You have a lot to offer and your comments are appreciated.

Your analogy about building a car is perfect. In fact, maybe that will help clarify the current stage of this project. Using the "building a car" mentality, right now I am simply telling others about this idea I have and I want to see if they think it is a good idea or not. I don't have specific details yet because I don't believe those details are needed yet.

I am saying "Hey everyone, I have this great idea...something I'm going to call a car. It will be kind of like the carriages everyone drives now, but it will use an engine kind of like a train instead of having a horse pull it. The engine will have to be smaller than a train's of course, and maybe use carbon combustion instead of steam combustion, but I haven't worked out the details for how to do that yet. Do you think it would be a good idea to have a horseless carriage? I mean, do you think even the basic idea, in its infancy, sounds good?"

You are saying "Whoa, that will never work. Will the engine be diesel or gas? 4, 6, or 8 cylinder? A Hemi? How many horsepower?"

Obviously, these are two completely different stages in the development process, just as I am in the infancy stages of my idea and you think I am ready to open the doors and recruit students.

Either way, it doesn't matter at this point. I do appreciate your feedback, and also that you obviously feel very strongly about what you are saying and are willing to share it. However, I think at this point we are beating a dead horse about the same couple of points, and other people are probably tired of reading about it.

Also, I don't think I have contradicted anything I have said; I have had several other people read the dialogue between us regarding the CLEP aspect, and they seem to understand just fine (but it may be because they have a little more background information). For some reason, however, my point is obviously not coming across. I would be happy to discuss it with you offline if you would like. Let me know and I will PM my phone number...maybe discussing it that manner would help more.

So, other than the standards and qualifications for instructors and books (about which points I will go ahead and concede to Cxt) that will be established at a later time, are there any other major areas of concern with the idea (from anyone)?

It is often difficult to detect intent behind the written word when reading a message such as this. I hope I have not come across in any manner as demeaning, argumentative, or belligerent because I certainly don't intend to.

I hope to keep hearing from people, respectfully, Jason