Cxt,

Yes, there is some good advice being given here, and I do appreciate it. Even though you don't agree with the idea, you are making some good points which have caused me to think about particular things. Please don't misinterpret my responses are argumentative, even though they may appear to be such.

1. I thought I had made it understood that I don't have the exact qualification requirements established yet. Since this is still the beginning phases of the idea, I am no where near asking for someone to payroll the project, however, you are correct that I should have this issue determined before actually attempting to establish the program. Also, I am really not too concerned about what any bankers may think since I am planning to pay for the upfront costs myself. IF and WHEN I get that far, I will have a complete business plan developed before I put any money into the project, just as I expect others to provide for me when asking me to provide venture capital. You are correct in that the absence of a complete, well-thought business plan with questions such as this answered only get laughed off of my desk. I am not that far in the process yet.

2. See number one. Remember that although the standards are not yet set, they will be when appropriate to do so. Once again, I am not that far in the process yet. Also, the project will get bankrolled if I choose to do it and, after developing the business plan and satisfying any objections (personally), if I think it will work. I have no doubt the person bankrolling this project will agree with my determinations.

4. Maybe it would be better to do as you suggest: set up my own organization and and keep all the money for myself. However, remember that it's not about the money. If it WERE about the money, then this would probably be the best solution. In the end, if I still believe in the project but can't get the organizational support I desire, maybe this is the best answer. However, I would still want to get accredited.

5. I don't think they are the same, but that is just my opinion.

6. I never said someone could CLEP out of martial arts classes. What I said was they could CLEP out of the core curriculum. In the academic world (for a bachelor's degree), there are two main curricula to be concerned with: the core curriculum and the major curriculum. The core curriculum consists of your maths, sciences, composition, rhetoric, arts, humanities, etc. The major curriculum, in this case, consists of the martial arts academic classes. What I said was that some of these COULD be waived (I should have said "credited") based on experience. The ONLY ones that could be waived in this manner include: First Aid and Safety (if already qualified to the required level), the Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Martial Arts (if already AT LEAST ranked as a SHODAN), and the Teaching Martial Arts Internship (if they already have extensive experience teaching). Every other class must be taken. It doesn't matter whether or not they have 40 years of teaching experience, they still have to take "Teaching Martial Arts," they just wouldn't have to take the internship of the same name...they've already done it. Either way, the CLEP program is only for the core curriculum. I hope this further clarifies your concern in this area.

To quickly address your last couple of comments...I wouldn't want to FORCE anyone to come to the classes, however, if a forms champ or UFC champ wanted to pursue this as an academic study, it is completely different than what they have already done. Kudos to them for being that good. But they wouldn't get any more credit than someone else would for the same type of classes. They would still have to get the core curriculum by attending classes at a regionally-accredited university or test out of them using the recognized tests (as detailed on the AMAC website). They would still have to take, for instance, Martial Arts History, Martial Arts Philosophy, etc. I would hope they would also have a lot to offer the program. To be honest, if someone ever came to me and said they were the current UFC champ or a forms champ and they couldn't learn anything from my classes, I wouldn't want them as a student anyway. Not because they are that good, but because they obviously don't have the right attitude.

Why would it be a serious problem and a messy situation to have extremely skilled students? I think that would be great...they could add a lot to the program. I can honestly tell you that I have a couple of students who, at this point, and from a purely physical level, could probably defeat me in a real match. Does that make me a bad instructor? Or does it make me a better instructor for recognizing that? I am proud of them...because I helped shape them. And, I still have a LOT to teach them. For that matter, I still have a LOT to learn.

I have to go at this point, but I hope this has answered some of your questions and concerns.

Respectfully, Jason