Typical condecsending BS from our friend Unyu.

Don't tell ME about talking out of my ass, junior. My dad was a probation officer in Washington, DC, and two of my best friends are police officers in Baltimore, MD. I am very aware of the kind of things that happen to them and what kind of training is beneficial.

Quote:

you definitely shouldn't be required to bludgeon your brain for some hypothetical B.S. that has a 98% likelihood of never happening. Punching bad guys in the face or head is a recipe for litigation.

Litigation. Perhaps in Bucktooth, Texas you don't have suspects that resist arrest. But in a major urban area like Baltimore, or Chicago or Los Angelos, you are damned right that officers get into fisticuffs on a daily basis. A FEMALE friend that works in an undercover drug unit probably gets into more fights in one day than your ass has probably ever been in.

It is indeed a tragedy that the officer died in the course of training, and I never tried to minimize it. I actually agree with you about restraint training for officers. But if you think they "don't need" striking training as well, you ARE ignorant.