Ronin, hope you had a good holiday, I got to spend mine with my Kids.

Your above post, not too sure where you're going with it, please go into more detail.

But, in case you misunderstood me.
I was simply saying that in some instances it is as important to be able to explain a technique, as it is to be able to perform the technique. There are a lot of things that I can do, but cant necessarily explain how to do. As an example, I am currently dealing with some students that seriously need to relax. I have no problem with it but I cant seem to explain it so it makes sense to the students. So, on this forum I can ask how would you teach XYZ? and typically get a good answer. Even if it is not what I would do or how I would handle it, it often gives me ideas or starts me on a path that helps to find the answer that I am looking for. As I said in my earlier post, I will often take those ideas and ask people that dont train, if they get it then I know I am getting close to a good way to explain XYZ to my students.

It was just a different way of saying
Quote:

Explain the idea well and you know what you are attempting long after we part company.

-JBC-