Hello Matt:

<<I do understand that both the "bed of nails" and the "sledgehammer" tricks take advantage of increased surface area to dissipate the shock of strikes.

Yup.

The barefoot coal walking being another similar ~melodrama~. The coals being hot, but provided you keep moving... or coat whether knowingly/otherwise the bottoms of your feet apparently does the trick. Now if you or I were to have stoaked those coals.... nobody would walk them voluntarily I think....

<<As for a good demo, how about the instructor sparring everyone there?

Hummmngh, provided the instructor is not "armed"... sure why not! "... ok for those of you left standing, I am giving you my card, those of you laying down for a little while your cards are lying beside you...."

The kids saw one the other night which was pretty gross, the hooking a heavy something to the fascia in your back and pulling obscenely heavy object a lengthy distance. Gross but nothing to do with genuine martial skill. Merely the resillance<sp.?> of the body's fascia as a contact point.

Surely there are other bizarre demonstrations which pass for internal/bone-fide martial skill???? Or may well demonstrate an signifigant martial skill??? What is/are they?

Jeff