I can see that there may be questions about how legitimate/good jaspa's tuition may be... but we don't really know. I think we should encourage people to check that their instructors are good and respectable, but recently I've begun to resent the sheer amount of distrust going on. Personally, I don't really care that much whether Jaspa's training is top-notch or not; he's obviously enjoying it, and it certainly isn't harmful. As Jaspa gets better he may suddenly realise that the school he's at isn't as good as he thought it was - on the other hand, he may realise just how good it is.

I don't think it's possible for us to pass judgement on his school simply from the website and what the 'official' curriculum is; often you have very good instructors within poor organisations, and poor instructors within good organisations. In the case of well-known frauds, there is usually a fair amount of criticism to those who have actually been trained by the individual/org; in this case, since all we have is the briefest of brief glances into the practices of Rhee and his org, I really don't feel we are in a position to judge.

So, here's the upshot: I say that, from now on, we: 1) Give instructors/orgs the 'benefit of the doubt (ie. not deliberately trying to find stuff that's wrong), 2) Stop talking constantly about belts, 3) Leave a sticky (maybe in the 'READ ME FIRST thread') outlining the basic ways to spot good vs. bad instruction, and 4) Stop questioning everyone new's quality of instruction. It's just not worth it.