Here I am on this thread again after I'd already made my point...

As with anything, strategy and tactics depend completely on the situation at hand. To say you are either for or against preemptive striking is absurd!

To say that you would avoid violence when possible is more like it. That's the only sane thing to do. Drastic times call for drastic measures however if it that situation arises, do what you gotta do to go home - what EVER the hell that may be.

Its sort of ridiculous to come here and take a stand one way or the other because just as soon as you say you're against preemptive striking, life will make a liar out of you.

Me, I'm all about the love. That's avoidance. That's making friends of enemies, buying a person a beer, etc and SHOWING them I'm not afraid of 'em. But I do know when to beat feet and when the opportunity presents itself, I'll bolt and not look back. No ego problems here.

At the same time, if someone is in my way through the door, heaven help 'em. It's just a matter of doing what you have to do, no more, no less. Why make a case about it?

-John