Quote:

I can understand why a person of 15 years of age (which is your age if your traceable details are correct) would seek guidance, but why seek it from a sensei, effectively a stranger? Why not seek this aspect of your education from your family, mother, father, sister or brother, someone with blood ties who you can trust?

Because they dont know diddly squat about self defence, a sensei does. Sure its a complete stranger, but so is the kindegarden teacher who you give your kids to every day. Learn to trust people.

Quote:

Once you have a few years under your belt we'll talk about this again, as I'm pretty sure that you will mature and your views will evolve over the intervening time. DEAL?

no deal, I dont need 10 years of karate experience to know that you are dead wrong on most of these matters.

Quote:

Well now, I think the question to ask is; WHY "have you had your fair share of randoms?

Ive provoked fights, and Ive had situations where Ive been hammered for no reason at all. People are unpredictable, which comes back to the topic, preemptive strikes. You seem to be against this, as you fear the legal consequences, have you not considered that its better to be alive and getting sued than dead and with a perfect record? Im advocating striking an attacker when they are behaving dangerously and can injure you. You seem totally against this for almost laughable reasons. A simple yes or no question for you. Is the law more important to you than your/others safety?