yes I am a self protection instructor,

I must apologise for blowing steam of at you like that, I teach female self protection and rape prevention, and I am very passionate about this subject.

Do you want a reality check, spend half an hour talking to a rape victim, A beautiful young lady who's skin has been scrubbed red raw in an attempt to make her feel clean again, who has had all of their confidence and self worth taken away from them, who can't enjoy a simple cuddle from a her husband or male loved one, someone who finds it difficult to even be alone in a room with a male, even one trying to help her gain enough confidence back to just hit a focus pad once. Try teaching her how to escape a simple wrist pin/grap what ever when all you see from her is pure terror.

So yes I have a vested interest, what ever you mean by that.

if I can stop just one woman having to experience the aftermath of rape let alone the act itself then I will. If teaching her how to how to feign compliance and passiveness in order to set the [censored] up for a preemptive strike is what it takes then fucken' hey I'll teach it. and I'll be proud that I did.

So I'm a "Professional Self Defence Instructor" with a "vested interest" Though I prefer the term Self Protection Instructor and have never used the word profesional, year I get paid to teach but I barely cover costs infact my club probably owes me money, I don't teach for the money, I teach because I want to make a difference not because I have a vested interest in $.

And please dont assume I'm just a smart arse kid i've done my 20 yr apprenticeship with TMA (and I'm talking true TMA not the mcdojo sport crap that passes themselves of as a Traditional Martial Art now a days. I've been paid to face 100's of violent people most of which I was able to deescalate and have them walk, some just had to be "convinced" and would not be persuaded otherwise.

I think it is Honourable that you do not want to strike first and no one can tell you to do otherwise. What I found less honourable is that you imply that anyone who does preempt or who advocates preemption are some what lower then you, beneath you or are lowering themselves to that of the scum that we train to defend against.

Do not hit first is a lovely sentiment, sadly the empirical data would indicate it to be flawed. "he who hits first wins" isn't just a catchy phrase it's a truism that has been found true by the people who's material I have studied.

Good luck With it all

Edited by drgndrew (01/14/07 09:36 AM)

With Honour in Bushido
Drew Guest
www.ToowoombaSelfDefence.websyte.com.au
Bushi Dojos Self Protection
Toowoomba Self Defence