This is actually a continuation of my Front Squat PR thread, in that it's me training, I am going to get to the Sabaki Challenge in '07, and that I still front squat in place of the back squat.

Oh yeah, got my Ni Dan this past October. Tested under one of the 10th Dans in my system (Isshinryu Karate). 'twas an awesome experience.

Currently, Max Lifts:

Front Squat: 155x5, 190x1
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 50sx5
Neutral-Grip Pullups: 5x7 @ BW, 1x3 @ 90lbs Additional

I do several other lifts than the above mentioned, but I use these as the foundation tests, and they also comprise my "go-to" selections of my foundation training template. This template is used, with minor modifications, the bulk of the year, with six to 12 weeks between cycles (which last a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks).

On the Karate front, I have all but four of the kata which comprise my strain of Isshinryu. I doubt I will get more than two of these over the next year, and that's fine with me. Right now, I am focusing the bulk of my non-partnered training time on our kata.

My main goal currently is: adjusting the technique and basic flow of the forms to the performance of our new organization's head (the aforementioned 10th Dan under whom I tested). This performance is most readily seen in the 1966 videos of Sensei Tatsuo Shimabuku, Isshinryu's founder. Of course, we do not match the performance extactly, but it's a Rosetta Stone of sorts for the basic learning template.

I will begin updating this blog on a regular basis come Monday. This week, I have two training sessions, one karate, one weights. 'Tis the shopping season, and I am a salesman by trade.

Good training, and good night.