I did! Best thing to do is be aware your surroundings, who is around you, were you are at etc....

Example, every time I go to a pub or a club that I haven't been to before, the first thing you do is look for the exits. If something goes wrong, I am looking to get out as fast as I can.

As a Judo sensei once said to me " Most important things for SD are good brain and good legs. Brain identifies the danger, legs take you away from it"

Pyschohuman is a newbie here. Not to say that Pyshcohuman is a newbie to MA or has never been in a real life defence situation, but it is better to talk to people about common sense SD first and foremost i.e. awareness, avoidance, deescalate a situation, etc... That should always be stressed to a person started out in MA when they are looking to learn about SD.

I have expressed my views on here before about the so-called "street".

Always avoid trouble were you can, be it by talking your way out of it, avoiding a group of people (if possible), not going anywhere alone etc... Using MA should always be a last resort in defending yourself. That was the point I was making.

Edited by Prizewriter (11/18/06 07:34 AM)