Whoa hold on there a minute Tex.

Quote:

I'm not attacking anyone else's training. I am sorry if someone thought I was attacking them. I don't even care that much how other people train. I just mind my own training. On the forum I expect to exchange ideas and experiences. That has been done pages ago on this thread.

I respect Gav and Scott for what they know and contribute. I still respect them. I expect the same. In my own posts, I try to respect every person who posts. I don't know what I did to deserve less. I don't log on to FA to be abused, backed into a corner or made to be defensive about my training by a co-mod and former mod, 2 against one, each of whom have more experience than I have. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have expressed mine and the two of you have expressed yours.

I for one was not attacking you or your training, I am very sorry for it coming across like that.

KO's are what people on the outside know organizations like DKI,KI and DSI for. It most likely comes from back in the day when in DKI you had to come up with three new KO's that noone had seen before and perform them in front of George to get your next dan grade.

This led to a lot of time at seminars being dedicated to KO's and before you know it the whole thing became a tradition at the end of a seminar. I've performed my share of KO's (100's) because thats what people wanted to see. I leanred more and thought better of it and don't do them anymore (unless it is on accident).

Again I apologize to you Rosanne for making you feel uncomfortable.

You are headed down a good path with good people...keep going. I would urge you to take a look at the information on Body Alarm Reaction. I think you will find it helpful in picking which techniques to go with.

Cheers,
Scott