The staff is one of my favourite weapons and the only one I extensively work with. For various reasons I've ended up just dabbling over the years with different styles however the staff is something I pick up regularly and spin round and find things to do with. Sadly I can't locate anyone else local to me (Bristol, UK) who also works with the staff (any style). Currently I've got 2 red oak staffs and a graphite screw in half version (just acquired, great for practicing awkward tricks).

Was searching for dense woods to have a new staff made from-this strictly would be for endurance/strength training rather than sparring. Thanks for the video links, I've been after media on the subject for a while.

One thing I do like is to practice "tricks", spins, passing behind my back stuff like that. I'm not practicing to be a top staff fighter, I just enjoy the feel of using it, spinning it and doing moves in general. If anyone's got any info they can point me towards regarding such I'd be immensely grateful.

Edited by soulfiremage (09/11/06 09:25 AM)