Yes, the palm strikes/nukites are what I was referring to as from the black tiger as well as the preceding nekoashi dachi shuto ukes. In Matsubayashi's Gojushiho the nukites are not only finger tip strikes but imply striking with all surfaces of the hand, which includes palm strikes and thumb strikes which is the old way of striking with a nukite from udundi. Phoenix techs are those such as the double upper strikes, punch and kick combos, and the back fist strikes used in conjuction with immobilization and some of the finger tip strikes. And yes crane is seen in the beak strikes and some of the double elbows. Again, I don't know everything about black tiger, phoenix, and crane, but I do know okinawan karate and that these elements were included in Gojushiho. Now, as to who Nagamine learned Gojushiho from I don't know if he learned it from Kyan. I personally believe that he learned it much earlier either from Arakaki(of a lineage independent from Kyan), maybe Iha Kodatsu, or may be an earlier teacher. I believe this simply because Matsubayashi's Gojushiho is different from those systems influenced by Kyan. Next time I attend a Takayoshi Nagamine seminar I will ask him if he knows who taught his father Gojushiho. Or maybe when I see Taba I will ask him. However, I am almost certain that Nagamine's Gojushiho is from a different lineage than Itosu. It is, again, an entire family system of udundi and contains many unchanged principles of that system. The dead give away is the nukite strikes used which contain the old method of striking, the suppression techniques, and the throwing techniques used. In udundi a practitioner would simply walk and could dispach his enemies as if strolling through a park with strikes and throws. Matsubayashi's Gojushiho's linear pattern straight forward and back mimics this.