Quote:

med,
I imagine that the primary reason he was not critisized was tha he was not contentious.

Yes, but wouldn't that make this a popularity contest and not an objective marital arts discussion board? But ultimately I guess that is what this is with a little annonymous mob mentality added in for good measure. I have always had conflict in my life and in fact I enjoy it so it doesn't really bother me. I like to post interesting observations from time to time as well. Trust me, this is nothing I haven't seen nor heard before. For me the ultimate test is making the stuff you do work. For some it is making others conform to their way of seeing and doing things. I guess its a matter of priorities.

Quote:

In hindsight the use of the word innovative was not a good choice. It would be more accurate to say that he he was open to new experience. It was novel, or new to him but he never presented it as innovation.

Its usually not how the material is presented, but how other people's preconcieved notions about the poster causes them to interpret the material. Anything from screen name to previous posts to region of origin can cause these premature judgements. And it is usually these judgements which drive responses, not always the contect of the post. Again, it is still fact that BuDoc was not called on many of the things I am. And that's okay. Its really not even about if he and I are taking the same approach to our training. But the fact is both he and I have stated that karate training engrains concepts and principles for good grappling in a karateka. That included ground grappling. I bet you if asked he could give grappling apps that could be used on the ground straight from kata. But then again, BuDoc is a good guy and I am not, right? So because he is a good guy I will bare the burden. I'm good at that kind of stuff.