Encouraging interesting debate, here are some ideas for Karate subject topics... either add to this list, or start a new conversation thread in your area of interest:
* Training methods for better tai sabaki (body shifting).
* Old vs. New training methods.
* History of To'on Ryu
* How does learning Karate history help technique?
* Plain clothed and outdoor training benefits.
* Impact Training
* Stand-up grappling/clinch.
* Influences in your style:
How much Chinese, Japanese, Okinawan influence does your style have? what are the characteristics? what are the benefits?
* Filipino Arts in Karate.
* Principles of defending an incomming attack from the side.
* Deflecting vs. hard blocking
* Kicks above the waist. risky or effective?
* Spear hand attacking.
* Targets sure to drop someone.
* Militarism in the dojo: line drills, counting, rank heirarchy, salutations, etc
* Steppin IN on an attack.
* Simultaneous strike and sweep.
* Faking, Feins and False starts to confuse timing.