Well, I was certainly exaggerating about the number of dojo's in the state, and I'm sure that I would find more, given time and research, but, in truth, when compared to other styles, at least in Colorado, in my experience, we are few. Although, this is not always a bad thing, I don't remember where I read it, but someone wrote that the best dojo's are generally the hardest ones to find.

I'm sure that there are many gaps in the tradition of teachers learned in Okinawa, although, still, when compared with other schools, they do teach their tradition well. And, it is certainly a pity that such misunderstandings occur, but it is only logical that there should be such mistakes made, isn't it? I am certainly not near being a sensei yet, but when performing my duties as a senpai, I often find that what is expressed to me from my sensei's teaching is not always expressed to those I assist, as is evident in some classes or belt tests. When this happens, the student is naturally at odds with those students taught the technique directly by sensei, and, logicaly, they usually turn to sensei for answers, at which time he points out their mistake and it is fixed. I know that's somewhat of a ramble, but my point is that maybe it is the responsability of the student of a teacher taught in Okinawa to do the same, return to Okinawa and learn directly from the source. I think that this ultimately might be the path to laying to rest certain incorrect beliefs in the tradition of karate. After all, the teacher isn't always right, one should learn from them and respect them, but it never hurts to verify something they've said, does it?

Thanks, I'm not sure how much your comment will hold true after I've been here a while, haha.