Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware.

There are several programs on the market that market heavily on the offensive mindset philosophy. Balanced with common sense, sound tactics and a physically provable skillset, this could be a good thing. Unfortunately, what we generally see is repackaged martial arts, poorly instructed and a playbook based on paranoia and fantasy about what you are going to do to the bad guy.

The offensive mindset thing is the big selling point and at the heart of all the marketing claims. It brings alot of people in. In certain circumstances, it makles a great deal of sense. But then you see the physical skills being taught and the obvious departure from reality.

The advertised claims of being used by SEALs or SF are quite misleading and are a bit of a joke among people who actually do train those units. Those people make a living travelling and teaching and have cultivated a relationship that they wouldn't want to tarnish with ads like you see for some of these commercial programs.

Don't take my word for it. Check it out and tell me what you think.

My opinion is that there are no secrets other than trade secrets. There are instructors who are more effective and dynamic than others. There are programs that are junk or simply inappropriate for LE/CO/Security. There are few that are comprehensive.