McSensei and my goodself will be your hosts here in our little MA stories section, so howdy folks! We've got a big whacking stick for anyone who gets out of line. Here are the rules:
- This is a forum to share and discuss stories relating to Martial Arts and the uses both in and out of the Dojo. These stories are to share experiences, problems and generally aid in the education of yourself and others.
- Please use caution when offering advice, remember that behind each screen name is an actual person - they may actually follow your advice. Think before you type!
- This is not a forum in which to stroke your own ego, boast of battlefield success, discuss how you beat your little brother up or a home for VTG's.
- This forum is not an "Agony Aunt" section. We are not here to provide advice on social problems that you maybe experiencing in your life. We are Martial Artists and bearly qualified to offer advice on that subject let alone anything else. Please note this includes high school (see quote below for generic advice), marital/relationship, bullying or harassment problems. These have nothing to martial arts and there are better avenues for advice than here. Any posts relating to this will be deleted.
- If your post involves mentioning a crime or serious accusation, you MUST provide hard evidence of it's authenticity/proof within that same post or it will be deleted and you will be notified.
I've borrowed this from BrianS's advice in the SD forum....same thing applies in this forum!
All threads concerning bullying or any such highschool problems will be locked or deleted.
If you are being bullied tell a trusted adult. You need a record of what is happening incase it continues.You may not want to,but in my opinion this is the best option.
Take my advice as you would with any advice you see on the internet. I am not the be-all end all solution giver.Again,ask an adult about it and good luck to you.
1)Avoidance-stay away from places where trouble might happen. This includes social events where alchohol might be served.
2)Awareness-be on the lookout for suspicious people.Walk in groups and in well lit areas.
Be home at a decent hour.For some reason the later it gets the more trouble people want to get into.
3) Start excercising.There's lots of tips in the strengthening forum. The stronger you are the better.