I live in Saint Louis and signed up for a 2 week trial with a Dojo right down the street for $30.. They provided the uniform and white belt.. I have NEVER done any kind of Martial Arts before..

I go in and love the 1st week. I'm getting a great workout and I'm swinging at Air They don't really use any equipment to practice with.. at least not while I was there, so it made me wonder what the paying customers money went to. I went 4 nights a week.. The instructors are AWESOME!! There are also many little kids there with Blackbelts and I'm thinking this must be VERY easy....

Anyway I wanted to know what I was getting myself into so on the 3rd day I sat with the Master and he was "trying" to buy me in by stating by signing a 3 year contract you get a nice uniform, a bag and a jacket... he also stated this "For adults you MUST sign a 3 year contract" for kids its a year... it's $119 a month, I talked him down to $85 (didn't want a 3 year contract).. I knew there was no way I was going to sign a 3 year contract...

I have been reading the posts on here to RUN if that's all they do (I knew with him it was ONLY about the Money) and I know that is just absured... He wasn't even WILLING to even let me try a 1 year contract... So I did my last trial day and left at that and come home dissappointed... Stupid me for thinking "Maybe" if I work with him HE will work with me... NOPE.. that's really sad when you HAVE someone wanting to join your Dojo and you can't work with them... I don't know if I want to look else where or just practice what I have already learned at home...

Do you guys think I did the right thing? I kinda feel guilty because I DID love it but my consious is telling to RUN!!