Hello, nice forum! I was wondering what does this mean when Bruce Lee himself said...

"To beat a martial artist that's been training for 15 years, all you need to do is box and wrestle for 1 year, and he's yours." Bruce Lee.

Does this mean boxing is more advance and powerful than Martial Art?

I actually came across another forum that someone mentioned "kung-fu styles is that they advertise esoteric knowledge of sorts...".

Here is the original post:
-------------------------------------------------------
Tyson would destroy Bruce Lee. (Even present day quasi-washedup Tyson.)

"To beat a martial artist that's been training for 15 years, all you need to do is box and wrestle for 1 year, and he's yours."

-Bruce Lee

Does anyone honestly believe a 130 pound man with incredibly limited grappling training (did a tiny bit with Gene Lebell) could compete in a fight with a heavyweight champ?

And romeo, there really isn't much to be said. My qualms with all these kung-fu styles is that they advertise esoteric knowledge of sorts. They contain "super deadly" and "super secret" moves, that only someone who's been training for 10 years can possibly master! I don't know about you, but that's just screaming (EDITED)

Harnessing force, concentrating energy? Give me a break. There are no "secret techniques" that take years and years to master.

If you say you can fight, do it in the ring/octagon. And if your style is too deadly for it, then you're full of [censored].
-------------------------------------------------------
From: http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/49990/page//fpart/18/vc/1
(a few post down)

Maybe boxing is a better form of combat than Martial Art, can anyone enlighten me.

Edited by Chen Zen (08/07/05 12:55 AM)