Quote:

You are still meeting force with force. I don't think that's a god idea for a young woman to do to a 220lb man,do you? If you are similar in size maybe,but you are still leveling the playing field instead of taking advantage.

I disagree. I think you have to meet force with force when you are blocking as a strike or a flick/turn of the wrist at impact. You don't want to just throw your limb out their to block it. Their force will easily over power you and your limb will be the hurting limb more so then theirs.

For a smaller women I'd doubt she'd even block but if she had to she had better put something into it or find some other way to evade.

Quote:

IMO the block then punch scenarios are bad applications for the breakdown of any forms. Parrying and avoiding are much better suited for addressing punches and give you the advantage.

Agreed. I would rather avoid by blocking ... and I'm still striking hard when blocking ... and then move to the side with some sort of punch, kick, takedown, etc.

Quote:

If someone throws a punch and you block it forcefully what stops him from punching with the other hand? You would just be standing there blocking over and over.

You are assuming that once I block that I'm not countering immediately with something else. When I block his on coming punch (or what have you), I'm striking with my block ... moving if can to avoid ... and then countering immeidately whether it is a punch, elbow smash, etc. I'm not going to just let him take me over with blow after blow. He's going to know I'm there once he feels my block/strike and then my retaliation. Hopefully he'll be taken off guard and won't be able to follow up with another punch.

Quote:

Double shuto (knifehand block) - This move usually comes back first then both knifehands are thrust forward. One application for this is an attacker punches you follow the punch back while stepping forward and strike it toward you with the knife hands (two hands/arms against one) just up from the wrist and the middle forearm (that's the back motion) Then the double knifehands strike forward on the neck and or middle bicep. Attacker will be incapacitated from the blows. Trust me this is an effective appication for this 'block'.

Agreed and have been trained this as well. Our One-Step Sparring Self Defence techniques (think from our Hapkito training) incorporates this in One-Step two, five and seven. There are other techniques used in these forms (done with a partner) but this specific technique of double knife hands is used. And again when doing these I'm not just blocking I'm striking.