It has been said that it is easier to change history than to change...eh...(just fill in your most creative expression...this is an interactive thread)

Not too long ago, someone who (supposedly) got a mentioned by Nostradamus himself attempted to re-write history in his own image. I heard he did not ended up well.

History has its own (slow) way of making history of counterfeit historian(s). I think you have, admirably, done enough to bring the issues to people's attention and unless you intend to conquer the whole or maybe just the nothern parts of India and right all the wrong histories there, then there is only so much you or anyone else can do to roll back a changed world where cell-phone models become obsolete every month and history every time someone has some free time on his hands. If I sound fatalistic, its because as I approach the big 60, trying to change (or save) the world seems so tiresome and perhaps not even worthwhile.

Kedah? Yes, it has been recognised (so far) to be a geminal state for the Malayan Peninsular (though other States, especially Johor, may take exceptions and starting to dig up what relics that can be found to prove otherwise) and completely Hindu (like Bali, Indonesia) untill the coming of Islam brought by the Arab traders who supplanted the Hindus in the lucrative spice trade and established the Malaccan trading post which Zheng He, the 14th Century Chinese envoy, visited on his way to discovering the Indian subcontinent and some say beyond and all the way to the mediterranean and the Americas. It seems he brought a few hundred junks and 35,000 sailors and some of them went on shore leave and never returned to the ships and thier descendants resulting from marriages (or otherwise) becamed the group of people called nyonyas & babas who practiced an uneven mixture of chinese and malay cultures.

One can therefore speculate that the art of silat (at least in Malaysia) of the indigenous malay population received some influence from these chinese sailors? Some even called it 'kuntao' a word which is as un-malay as you can get.

Finally to keep to the purpose of the Forum, and ending on the question of who influenced (or taught) whom in the amazing race for martial arts historical supremacy, I really don't know what to say because I am just as quilty as anyone else of national pride, racial prejudice, sheer stubbornnese and down right bigotry.

Asking someone to accept that one's jealously guarded family art actually originated in a small thatched-roof, dung-strewn village populated by a people speaking an unheard of language 1000s of miles away and 100s of years ago is very very difficult to stomache.

Perhaps you yourself is suffering from a similar case of indigestion?