In the style/philosophy of karate you practice, are these wasted or necessary movements in kata...
(I started to use English technique names, but since this is a karate forum now...ha... Nihongo hanashimasho ka!)
- 1. Bringing closed fist up to shoulder before doing a gedan uke (or gedan barai).
- 2. Head snap to first look in the direction you are going to move next.
- 3. back leg is straightened in zenkutsu dachi.
- 4. open hand with thumb bent in.
- 5. open hand with fingers straight and together.
- 6. lift back heel slightly when punching.
- 7. full turn of fist to horizontal when punching.
- 8. guard hand is palm up during open hand strikes.
- 9. crossing arms at midbody during blocks.
- 10. knifehand strikes starting at the head or from behind the head.
- 11. long and low zenkutsu dachi.
I look forward for your feedback.