Sorry guys, but technique is technique... how well you do it is what makes the difference. I do both jujitsu and aikido at a high level, and it's all about application not which book the technique came from.

I can do either jujitsu in a big room or aikido in a small room, because you have to adjust the technique to the situation in either case, so what you guys are arguing over is which flea owns the dog.

If you're training in aikijujitsu and like it... continue to practice. If you're doing aikido and like it, continue to practice. If you don't like anything, find something you like and practice that. It's not very hard to understand, but not necessarily easily understood if you're just starting out.

My teachers taught me things I didn't understand for 10 years, but suddenly came in to focus when I was training. If I'd stopped training and "done something else", I'd never have been privy to what I know.

If you want to know how to do a technique, ask a blue belt. If you want to know how a technique works, ask a brown belt. If you want to know how a technique is applied, ask a black belt. If you want to know what you're doing wrong, ask a white belt. They have all the answers.

If you are having that much trouble deciding what you want to study, you need to have a talk with your teacher and let them decide if you're worth wasting their time teaching. As a hachidan, nothing is more irritating than spending lots of time grooming someone for promotions and to help carry on an art, just to have them bail out and start doing "something else" that happens to be passing through town.

"Everybody can join the circus, but not everybody is an acrobat". If you want to be the acrobat, you have to practice.