[QUOTE]Originally posted by Muse Swordsman:
I believe that todays weapons such as guns and bombs are the lowest form of weaponry. A child can pull a trigger or press a button. Old world weapons(staffs,swords,the body)are true art forms and take practice over years of training to master . I just want to know if there are others out there who feel how I do. [/QUOTE]

Does it really matter? How a human is killed is irrelevant, death is the same no matter what way it happens.

A child may be able to press the trigger of a bomb but an untrained child cannot re-load, unjam, clean, strip down, aim or a fire a fully automatic weapon with the accuracy of a trained marksman. Marksmanship is not to be underrated, you have wind velocity, trajectory, distance, vision, movement and gauge to consider before making a shot. Firing a gun takes skill but you can kill using a gun wihout much fire-arms skill just as I could kill with a sword wihtout having much sword-man skills.

Bombs, there is an art to making bombs, the bomb maker knows his stuff, blast radius, material to use, kill type and trigger-trip wire or manual. Make shift boobitraps etc, all these things are skills used in war time just a more efficient way of "killing".

The blade is silent so will always have a place in war.

[QUOTE]Old world weapons(staffs,swords,the body)are true art forms and take practice over years of training to master.[/QUOTE]

dude, knowing how to shoot a weapon with skill takes as much time as it would to learn how to kill someone skillfully with a sword, at the end of the day it doesnt take much to swing a sword or pull a trigger but to do it skillfuly using either takes a lot of practice.

killing is what its all about.