FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#99769 - 11/19/04 05:52 PM what to do when somebody is charging at you
Anonymous
Unregistered

what do you do wen sumbody is charging at you trying to tackle you

#99770 - 11/19/04 08:41 PM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go to the sparring and practice fighting forum and check out the thread, "How to deal with a charging bull." It gets a little off topic at times, but still gives some insight, lol.

#99771 - 11/19/04 09:40 PM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
nekogami13 V2.0 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Texas, USA
Run away faster than they are charging you.

#99772 - 11/19/04 09:41 PM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Anonymous
Unregistered

It depends. Who's bigger and are you off balance at the time?

If you are bigger and on balance. I would suggest pretty much just running right into them. ( I'd like to see that. ) Gravity will do the rest for you.

If you are smaller and on balance. I would suggest getting out of the way. If you don't have time to get out of the way, there's a technique that i've been using for a long time. It's hard to explain. You'd have to practice with a buddy to get the hang of it. Maybe not. Anyways.. here's how it works.

When people try to tackle you, they put their head down. Lean forward onto them and accept their charge while grabbing their head in a headlock. Make sure that your back legs are at an angle and dug into the ground as hard as you can to resist their force. If you try to do it while standing straight up they'll just knock you over and end up on top of you. Stick your legs behind you almost like you are using the kid as the third leg of a tripod. Your legs being the other two. When you have his head in the headlock... make sure it's under your chest with your chin on his back. Then just... fall on him pretty much. His momentum from the charge will keep him off balance enough to where he won't be able to resist your body weight. So just fall on him with his head in a headlock and your legs back. Then what I would personally do from there is something I think wrestlers call the Guillotine. Your arms should already be around his neck. Just pull up on them and choke him. Pressing down on his head with your chest and keeping your legs back so he has no leverage to knock you over.

Keep in mind.. this is all done as like.. one motion. So practice it step by step and just analyze how you could bring it all together as one motion. You'll figure it out.

On the other hand. If their head is NOT down. Just try to step to the side and maybe trip them or punch them in the face as they slow down to re-target you. It's really all about what feels comfortable to you. Just don't try to go head to head with them unless you are bigger.

#99773 - 11/23/04 10:42 PM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont know if this would work in a more realistic situation, but the other day one of my friends (about my same size) charged me after asking me "what would you do if i did this" (he knows i'm sorta into MA).

I turned to the side as he was coming towards me and at the last second before he hit me, I turned my back to him and positioned my feet in the Tai Otoshi judo throw. I moved slightly out of the way, but grabbed him and threw him using his own momentum against him... I was surprized at how well it worked.

#99774 - 11/24/04 01:56 AM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Anonymous
Unregistered

What does the matador do when a raging bull charged at him? He side-step. All other effective techniques flow from there. The front-to-front techniques may fail due to the tremendous momentum and energy of a fast moving heavy object (especially a thinking one) -- E=Mc2 remember? You will find it very difficult to keep your balance. Which was why grapplers for a time were so succesful against stand-up punchers & kickers.

#99775 - 11/24/04 06:38 PM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Chang Wufei Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA
I know this works because, by chance, I happened to use this today. When they are running at you, a good thrusting side kick will throw them down. Their velocity from running at you supplies even more force leading to the kick's effectiveness.

#99776 - 11/24/04 08:46 PM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ButterflyPalm:
What does the matador do when a raging bull charged at him? He side-step. All other effective techniques flow from there. The front-to-front techniques may fail due to the tremendous momentum and energy of a fast moving heavy object (especially a thinking one) -- E=Mc2 remember? You will find it very difficult to keep your balance. Which was why grapplers for a time were so succesful against stand-up punchers & kickers.[/QUOTE]

OK, just a science lesson... I know what you mean, but you've got the inappropriate formula. What applies here is the bull's momentum:
p=(mvc)/(sqrt(c*c-v*v))

e=mcc refers to the energy in any given piece of matter. If total matter-to-energy conversion were attainable a pebble could probably heat your house for a year... in Wisconsin. But I think I'm underestimating!)

Anyway, I agree with your input. The best block is not to be there.

#99777 - 11/26/04 01:17 AM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Anonymous
Unregistered

kd4yhs.

Is your username also a secret formula for converting the total intrinsic energy of a pebble to heat up houses? Let me guess:-

kd4 = the 4th dimensional biometric constant multiplied by the 'kinetic di-acid'

yh = 'your house'

s = still figuring this out. Any input
will be appreciated by the
electricity company.

I was never good in science anyway; which was why I ended being a lawyer; its so much better to be a genius after the fact.

#99778 - 11/26/04 10:16 AM Re: what to do when somebody is charging at you
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
[QUOTE]Originally posted by battersup2:
what do you do wen sumbody is charging at you trying to tackle you[/QUOTE]

Good question....I would....MOVE.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga